One of the largest global bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 60 million customers worldwide.
Transform the branch customer experience from conventional bank services to a new age interactive banking.
- Transform from ‘Teller’ to ‘Holder of Trust’.
- Improve efficiency of CSRs by empowering them with an integrated platform.
- Create seamless experience across all digital touch points Be relevant to ‘Ubiquitous Digital Customer’.
This 12-months project was split into initial research, strategy and envisioning phase followed by Agile-based product rollout.
As a Design Lead on this project, my role started at the design effort scoping stage where I worked closely with business and engineering stakeholders to advise and define the user-centered design approach and identify desired business outcomes.
During the execution phase, I worked closely with researchers, I provided design direction to the design team through the analysis and design phase. I led key design presentations to business and engineering stakeholders.
As design lead, I directly managed the design team, set design direction and guide design team throughout the process while meeting the product development timelines.
To design a Scalable, Intuitive and Flexible Best-in-Class User Experience architecture that delivers to
– Brand values (Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship)
– Business functions, technology ownership and customer experience
– Retail branch banking business processes and legacy applications
– Changing business-IT environment
– Increased efficiency goals
– Increasing business complexity (e.g.: entire branch on the iPad)
– Modern device interfaces
– Omni-channel experience
Positive feedback from initial roll out in Africa and early pilots in Europe and UK.
- Quick adoption by CSRs and RMs.
- Up to 45% reduction in service time for small requests.
- 18% increase in qualified leads.
- 6% increase in account opening at the branch level.
- 32% jump in NPS at the pilot branches.
- Enhanced employee engagement and satisfaction (Survey).
- Industry buzz and press coverage enhancing the brand image.